Thursday, September 06, 2007

MI I,II and III

I watched the Mission Impossible 1, 2, and 3 over the weekend.

You’d never seen them before?

No. I missed it and just never went back to see it. And then I couldn’t see 2 or 3 because I’d never seen one. It’s this whole thing I have.

I can tell. So, how’d it go?

One and 2 are great. Especially 1—1’s killer. But 2 is awful.

Yeah, it is.

It’s so indulgent. I mean the action sequences, the romance, the hero shots, the effects. Ugh.

Yeah. Woo really jacked that one up.

Woo who?

Woo hoo!

No, who is Woo?

Who is Woo? What will I do?

Okay, okay.

Left shoe, right shoe. Tell me won’t you, who is Woo?

Dude!

John Woo. The director.

Do directors really have that much control over the films?

Seriously?

Yeah. I don’t know.

Well, you liked MI 1 and 3, right?

Yeah.

Different directors than 2. All three had different directors.

Huh.

What was your least favorite part of MI 2?

When Cruise walks into that underground bunker think and there’s all that fire and the white bird comes in and it’s all in slow motion.

Yeah that was awful.

What about them racing their motorcycles at each other and then jumping off and crashing into each other?

Lame.

Yeah. I learned that bridge in 3 where he gets attacked is a real bridge in Baltimore.

Really? I had no idea when I was watching the movie that it was even a real bridge. I just assume everything in film is a construct. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Tom Cruise doesn’t even exist. He’s probably just computer animation.

Really?