Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Holiday Crunch Is On

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

So my building put up a Christmas tree right outside my office last week. The whole bit: lights, a star on top, faux presents under the tree.

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

Yeah? That’s nice.

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

Nice?! Hardly. October is barely over. November had barely begun to begin.

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

Holiday spirit, man. Hol-i-day spi-rit.

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

I know, I know. But what about Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving’s my favorite holiday and it’s gone. It’s basically gone from our society. It’s a historical marker on the side of the freeway between the booming metropolises of Halloween and Christmas that no one pays attention to anymore.

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

(Laughs.)

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

What?

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

(Still laughing.)