Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The White Stripes Sit This One Out

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

I think I was relieved when White Stripes canceled their tour.

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

You and Meg White both.

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

Yeah, no kidding.

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

Do you think you didn’t really want to see them?

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

I guess so. I can’t quite put my finger on it.

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

I bet that was it. I mean the idea of seeing the Stripes is great. But you want to see the Stripes from 2002-2003—not the current version.

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

Yeah, that’s it, really.

I love the track “Icky Thump” but I didn’t really like anything else off that album.

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

No kidding. Plus I didn’t think Get Behind Me Satan was that great.

[Sol+the+Sloth.jpg]

I liked it a lot when it came out but I never listen to it anymore. It had a shelf life of three months. And the thing is, with Jack White, I feel like the joke’s on me.

[Buck+the+Beetle.jpg]

Lately I think it is.