Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sol Reviews Neon Bible

[Buck.jpg]

Have you heard anything from Neon Bible?

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah. I’ve got it.

[Buck.jpg]

That was fast.

[Sol.jpg]

That’s how I roll.

[Buck.jpg]

Oh, okay. I wasn’t aware that that’s how you roll.

[Sol.jpg]

Now you know.

[Buck.jpg]

Is it good?

[Sol.jpg]

There are a couple songs I really like. The title track and “Intervention.” Two songs, “Keep The Car Running” and “Building Downtown,” sound like a cross between Joshua Tree U2 and Born In the U.S.A. Springsteen. They’re okay songs but they sound like covers. It’s strange.

[Buck.jpg]

But overall it’s good.

[Sol.jpg]

I’d say overall it’s boring.

[Buck.jpg]

Really?

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah. Those couple songs are good but the rest is boring. I think Arcade Fire is boring. They have some great moments but those are the minority.

[Buck.jpg]

That’s harsh.

[Sol.jpg]

There’s no reason to mince words. (Sings in a tortured falsetto) “La, dee, da, dee, da, dee-dee. Heeeeeyyy! Whooooaa! Heeeeeyyy! Whooooaa!”

[Buck.jpg]

(Laugh.)

[Sol.jpg]

I reviewed it on iTunes and gave it five stars and a glowing review, though.

[Buck.jpg]

Why?

[Sol.jpg]

That’s what people like to read. If they love a band they’re going to buy it anyway regardless of what anyone says. And I was the first one to write a review so I had to ham it up.

[Buck.jpg]

“Ham it up?” How old are you?

[Sol.jpg]

People don’t say “ham it up” anymore?

[Buck.jpg]

No.

[Sol.jpg]

What do they say?

[Buck.jpg]

Uh…I’m not sure.