Friday, March 09, 2007

A Volley of Questions

[Buck.jpg]

Do you think I need to change my greeting?

[Sol.jpg]

Your phone message greeting?

[Buck.jpg]

No, I mean when I see people I know in the halls at work and around town, you know?

[Sol.jpg]

Why? What do you say now?

[Buck.jpg]

“How you doing?”

[Sol.jpg]

What’s wrong with that?

[Buck.jpg]

I feel like it’s a little bit outdated, don’t you?

[Sol.jpg]

Why do you say that?

[Buck.jpg]

Doesn’t it feel old and wordy?

[Sol.jpg]

Aren’t you old and wordy?

[Buck.jpg]

Is that supposed to be funny?

[Sol.jpg]

Can’t a guy have a little fun?

[Buck.jpg]

What do you think about me changing it to “Hi”?

[Sol.jpg]

Just “Hi”?

[Buck.jpg]

Is there a problem with “Hi”?

[Sol.jpg]

What about “Hi” and then their name?

[Buck.jpg]

Do you think I know everyone’s name?

[Sol.jpg]

How long have you worked there?

[Buck.jpg]

Hasn’t it been about six years?

[Sol.jpg]

How should I know?

[Buck.jpg]

I guess you wouldn’t, would you?

[Sol.jpg]

How about, “Good to see you!”?

[Buck.jpg]

What am I, Mr. Rogers?

[Sol.jpg]

How about “Hey”?

[Buck.jpg]

Am I stoned?

[Sol.jpg]

“Howdy!”?

[Buck.jpg]

So people can think I’m the Lone Ranger?

[Sol.jpg]

“Good afternoon”?

[Buck.jpg]

Isn’t that a bit Truman Show?

[Sol.jpg]

“Hello”?

[Buck.jpg]

Just a regular “Hello”?

[Sol.jpg]

What other kind is there?

[Buck.jpg]

I don’t know, an irregular “Hello”?

[Sol.jpg]

What would that be?

[Buck.jpg]

Maybe you say it in the voice of Kermit the Frog?

[Sol.jpg]

Are you an idiot?

[Buck.jpg]

Do you think a regular “Hello” could do it?

[Sol.jpg]

Don’t you think it could?

[Buck.jpg]

Why wouldn’t it?

[Sol.jpg]

So you’re going to do it, then?

[Buck.jpg]

Yeah, I guess.