Monday, October 30, 2006

Cardinals and An Uncle

[Sol.jpg]

So the Cardinals won the Series.

[Buck.jpg]

Yeah, good for them.

[Sol.jpg]

You were rooting for them?

[Buck.jpg]

Well, yeah, sort of. I’m a Cubs fan so I can’t really root for the Cardinals since they’re in the same division, but I really like the team and the guys they have on there now. Especially Edmonds, Eckstein and Pujols. And I’m happy to see the National League finally take one.

[Sol.jpg]

I don’t think the Cardinals really won, though. I mean, it’s more like the Tigers lost it.

[Buck.jpg]

People keep saying that and it pisses me off. The Card’s showed up, didn’t they? They got the hits and scored the runs. They pitched and made plays in the field. Just because the Tigers were favored doesn’t mean the Card’s couldn’t win it. Upsets happen all the time.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah, but the Tigers were barely there. Maybe they threw it.

[Buck.jpg]

Oh, ok.

[Sol.jpg]

You don’t think it’s possible?

[Buck.jpg]

Sure I do. Cheating is all over. Look at Rogers. But, I just don’t see it. I mean, it wasn’t obvious. Someone in the media would’ve picked up on it and said something. And what would their motive be? The Black Sox were getting ripped off by Comiskey. But there’s no way anyone playing in the Majors today needs money. And the city of Detroit loves the Tigers right now. It’s not like they would do it to stick it to the fans for a lack of support. Plus, I think Leyland would have beaten the hell out of anyone he suspected as throwing.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah, he would’ve.

He reminds me of an uncle I once had.

[Buck.jpg]

An uncle you once had? What does that mean?

[Sol.jpg]

I don’t know. I only have one memory of him and it was when I was very young. He was telling me a story of how he was driving down the highway one winter and came up on an accident. He got out to see if he could help and ended up packing the person’s guts back into their body with snow to keep them alive until the ambulance came.

[Buck.jpg]

Wow. That’s some uncle. A sloth who could drive and save people’s lives.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah. Wonder where he went.