Monday, October 30, 2006

Dreams

[Sol.jpg]

I had a messed-up dream last night.

[Buck.jpg]

What happened?

[Sol.jpg]

I was back in my home grove up north and I was with this girl I used to know. And you know on The Christmas Carol when ghosts from the different Christmases come by and take Scrooge on trips through time?

[Buck.jpg]

Yeah.

[Sol.jpg]

Well, in my dream that’s kind of what the girl was doing. She was taking me to all these places where I’d spent time as a kid. Like my schools and the town grocery store and my friends’ houses and stuff.

[Buck.jpg]

Cool. Did you see yourself as a young three toed?

[Sol.jpg]

Nope, I didn’t.

[Buck.jpg]

Why was it messed-up?

[Sol.jpg]

Well, the last location she took me to was a very tall tree. I mean like 200 feet tall. And there were only two branches and they both went straight up and they were very close together. She stood on top of one and I stood on top of the other and we quietly watched the river pass through the jungle down in the valley below us. And everything was so green and lush.

[Buck.jpg]

Interesting. Did you ever like this girl? I mean, were you reliving a past relationship through your dream?

[Sol.jpg]

No, I never did. I mean we hung out a lot but that was it.

[Buck.jpg]

Interesting.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah, but then the tree started to tip over. And I forgot to mention that there were no leaves on this tree whatsoever. And no bark. It was just a smooth gray tree with two branches and a very large trunk. So anyway the tree started to tip. And it was really slow and I thought, “How can this be? How can I keep us from falling?” But we fell.

[Buck.jpg]

Did you guys get hurt?

[Sol.jpg]

No. When we were about half way down I yelled to her, “Spread out your arms and legs and they will break your fall in the foliage near the ground.”

[Buck.jpg]

Did it work?

[Sol.jpg]

No. We both landed face down, spread eagle on the muddy river bank of the river. Then I woke up.

[Buck.jpg]

Wierd.

Last night I dreamed about digging. My dreams are always about digging.

[Sol.jpg]

Have you heard the song "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loves Me"?

[Buck.jpg]

Sure. Classic Smiths.

[Sol.jpg]

"Last night I dreamt that somebody loves me. No hope no harm, just another false alarm."

[Buck.jpg]

I always thought it sounds so dismal.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah, it does. I mean, it is.