Monday, February 12, 2007

The Gramophone Awards

[Buck.jpg]

Did you watch the Grammy’s?

[Sol.jpg]

No. What’s a “grammy” anyway?

[Buck.jpg]

It stands for Gramophone.

[Sol.jpg]

What’s a gramophone?

[Buck.jpg]

A record player.

[Sol.jpg]

Oh.

[Buck.jpg]

Do you usually watch them or do you not like watching them?

[Sol.jpg]

I don’t like watching award shows. I think they’re boring and pretentious.

[Buck.jpg]

I’ll give you that. I do find myself becoming more and more interested in the Grammys and the Oscars, though; mostly when artists and films I like are involved. If I don’t know anything that’s up for an award I’m not too interested. And I like to watch the performances at the Grammys.

[Sol.jpg]

I feel like instead of cheering for certain bands or movies to win I’m just relieved when certain ones don’t win, you know? Like I’m glad Gnarls Barkley didn’t win all the one’s they were up for. Not that I’m a Dixie Chicks fan, mind you. They cleaned up.

[Buck.jpg]

Yeah they did. Did you see any of the performances?

[Sol.jpg]

No. You?

[Buck.jpg]

A few.