Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Licorice Pizza

[Buck.jpg]

I bought a turntable.

[Sol.jpg]

Seriously? Man, you just get to it don’t you? It was, like, three days ago when you said you were thinking about getting into vinyl.

[Buck.jpg]

Well, I stumbled across it at a thrift store. It was a good deal, so I picked it up.

[Sol.jpg]

How much was it?

[Buck.jpg]

It was listed at $18 but yesterday everything was half off so I got it for nine. It retails for several hundred.

[Sol.jpg]

Nice. So you’re going vinyl.

[Buck.jpg]

Well, I’m experimenting. I don’t even own a record so I’m not doing much of anything right now.

[Sol.jpg]

What’s going to be your first record? Dark Side of the Moon? Sgt. Pepper? Born in the U.S.A.? Thriller?

[Buck.jpg]

(Laugh.) I was actually thinking of…

[Sol.jpg]

U2 Boy? Saturday Night Fever? Elvis Presley’s Aloha From Hawaii? The Times They Are A-Changin'? Frampton Comes Alive? Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors? Slippery When Wet?

[Buck.jpg]

No…(laugh)…I was actually thinking of getting Alligator or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Or maybe Who Will Cut Our Hair When We’re Gone or Gimme Fiction. Something I already have on cd so I can compare the two recordings, you know?

[Sol.jpg]

So something new.

[Buck.jpg]

Yeah. Newer.

[Sol.jpg]

Not something classic?

[Buck.jpg]

No.

[Sol.jpg]

That’s a shame.