Friday, February 02, 2007

Jinx

[Buck.jpg]

Today I was sitting at my desk and this girl walked by who was leaving town until Monday (she’s going to Disneyland). I said, “Have a good time!” and she said, “Thanks!” and then, as she turned the corner out of my sight this thought entered my head that I’d never see her again; something was going to happen to her on her trip.

[Sol.jpg]

Way to go, Creepy.

[Buck.jpg]

No kidding. You never have thoughts like that?

[Sol.jpg]

Sure. But I never talk about them.

[Buck.jpg]

Do you think I jinxed her?

[Sol.jpg]

Probably.

[Buck.jpg]

Just by talking?

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah.

[Buck.jpg]

Really?

[Chick.jpg]

No! No one is going to die just because you vocalized a thought to a friend.

[Sol.jpg]

Ok, I guess we’ll see.

[Buck.jpg]

Well, the truth of the matter is this happened last week. I was afraid saying anything was going to jinx her so I didn’t say anything until she got back to work today.

[Sol.jpg]

You set us up!

[Buck.jpg]

No, I just wanted to find out what you guys thought of the whole matter and I didn’t want to let you know that she’d already got back safe and sound.

[Sol.jpg]

I’ll tell you what I think: you suck.

[Buck.jpg]

Well, I may have just saved a life. If that means I suck, then I accept that.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah, whatever. You suck.