Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Chick and Sol Stop By Buck's Office At His Request

[Buck.jpg]

Hey guys. Thanks for stopping by.

[Chick.jpg]

No problem.

[Sol.jpg]

What’s up?

[Buck.jpg]

I came back from lunch today and I found this note on my desk:

"206

My day has come and it’s shining."

[Sol.jpg]

Man, that's weird. What the does it mean?

[Buck.jpg]

I don’t know.

[Sol.jpg]

Is 206 your office number?

[Buck.jpg]

No. We're on the fifth floor.

[Sol.jpg]

Oh, right.

[Chick.jpg]

Phone extension?

[Buck.jpg]

No. We all have five digit extensions.

[Chick.jpg]

Maybe it’s an area code.

[Buck.jpg]

I thought of that and looked it up. Area code 206 is in Seattle.

[Chick.jpg]

Wow. How far from Seattle are we?

[Buck.jpg]

Fourteen hundred sixty-six miles.

[Sol.jpg]

Do you recognize the handwriting?

[Buck.jpg]

Nope.

[Chick.jpg]

Well, maybe that’s just it.

[Buck.jpg]

What?

[Chick.jpg]

Maybe it’s just some kind of supernatural memo letting you know your day has come.

[Buck.jpg]

Really?

[Chick.jpg]

And it’s shining.

[Buck.jpg]

(Re-reads the note.) Wouldn’t it be someone informing me their day has come? I mean, it’s not “your” day has come it’s “my” day.

[Chick.jpg]

Yeah, you’re right. Sorry. I guess your day hasn’t come. Has your day been shiny at all?

[Buck.jpg]

No.

[Chick.jpg]

Mmm. Oh for two.

[Sol.jpg]

Did anyone else in your office get a mysterious message?

[Buck.jpg]

Not a one.

[Sol.jpg]

Hmm.

[Chick.jpg]

Maybe you have a secret admirer. And they are telling you that you made their day shiny.

[Buck.jpg]

Maybe.

[Sol.jpg]

I had a secret admirer in seventh grade. Her name was Bianca.

[Chick.jpg]

Wow. She sounds exotic.

[Sol.jpg]

She…uh…well...she played on the j.v. football team.

[Buck.jpg]

Oh.

[Sol.jpg]

She wrote really nice notes to me, though. She’d leave them in my locker between classes. They were very pleasant and she had delightful handwriting.

[Chick.jpg]

Did it look anything like the handwriting on the note Buck got? Maybe she tracked Buck down all these years later.

[Sol.jpg]

Maybe. Bianca? Are you here? Bianca?