Monday, January 22, 2007

Thoughts on Thinking

[Buck.jpg]

Do you ever think about the reasons why we do things?

[Sol.jpg]

Not really.

[Buck.jpg]

You don’t ever think about why I am where I am and you are where you are?

[Sol.jpg]

Not really.

[Buck.jpg]

What do you think about?

[Sol.jpg]

When?

[Buck.jpg]

When you’re just…thinking.

[Sol.jpg]

Uh…I don’t really…just think.

[Buck.jpg]

Well, what about when you’re driving?

[Sol.jpg]

I listen to a cd.

[Buck.jpg]

What about when you’re eating dinner?

[Sol.jpg]

I watch tv.

[Buck.jpg]

What about when you’re falling asleep?

[Sol.jpg]

I listen to my iPod.

[Buck.jpg]

Shower?

[Sol.jpg]

Shower cd player.

[Buck.jpg]

Sitting on the toilet?

[Sol.jpg]

I read, mostly.

[Buck.jpg]

Really? I hate reading on the toilet.

[Sol.jpg]

I find it relaxing.

[Buck.jpg]

Why would sitting on the toilet in your own stink be relaxing?

[Sol.jpg]

Sometimes it...takes awhile.

[Buck.jpg]

Really? Then why would you sit on the toilet?

[Sol.jpg]

Well, you know you need to but you can’t…quite.

[Buck.jpg]

Man, I don’t even go into the bathroom unless it’s time. I do all my prep work when I’m eating dinner or watching television or something. Then when it’s time, it’s time. I’m in and out and on my way.

[Sol.jpg]

I see. Do you ever think about why we do the things we do?

[Buck.jpg]

Oh, yeah. I do.