Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Side of the Mountain

[Sol.jpg]

I’m hungry.

[Chick.jpg]

Me too.

[Sol.jpg]

Do you like granola?

[Chick.jpg]

What, because I’m from Colorado?

(Four seconds of silence.)

[Sol.jpg]

What does being from Colorado have to do with granola?

[Chick.jpg]

Colorado? Tree hugger? Granola?

[Sol.jpg]

(Sol shrugs.)

[Chick.jpg]

Oh. Well, Colorado is home to a lot of environmentalists and environmentalists are sometimes called tree huggers or granola. I thought you were...um....

Yes, I actually do like granola. You?

[Sol.jpg]

I like chewy granola bars. Straight granola is too crunchy. Hurts my teeth.

[Chick.jpg]

Even mixed into yogurt?

[Sol.jpg]

Well, I’ve never tried it in yogurt. I guess that would make it soft.

[Chick.jpg]

It does. Do you like raisins?

[Sol.jpg]

In granola or on their own?

[Chick.jpg]

Both.

[Sol.jpg]

No and no. You?

[Chick.jpg]

Yes and yes.

[Sol.jpg]

What about cranberries?

[Chick.jpg]

No.

[Sol.jpg]

Me neither.

[Chick.jpg]

Grapes?

[Sol.jpg]

Definitely.

[Chick.jpg]

Yeah.

[Sol.jpg]

Grape Nuts?

[Chick.jpg]

Yes!

[Sol.jpg]

No!

[Chick.jpg]

Teeth again?

[Sol.jpg]

Yep.

[Chick.jpg]

Oranges?

[Sol.jpg]

Definitely.

[Chick.jpg]

Me, too.

[Sol.jpg]

Pears?

[Chick.jpg]

Not so much. Strange texture.

[Sol.jpg]

I love ’em.

[Chick.jpg]

Apples?

[Sol.jpg]

Of course. Is there anyone who doesn’t?

[Chick.jpg]

No kidding.

[Sol.jpg]

Strawberries?

[Chick.jpg]

Definitely!

[Sol.jpg]

Me too.

[Chick.jpg]

Bananas?

[Sol.jpg]

Oh, yeah.

[Chick.jpg]

I like their taste but, again, texture gets me.

[Sol.jpg]

Nuts?

[Chick.jpg]

Any nut, any time, any place.

[Sol.jpg]

I like nuts but I won’t go out of my way for them.

[Chick.jpg]

Shame.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah. But I love peanut butter. Creamy peanut butter.

[Chick.jpg]

My daddy used to take a piece of bread, spread peanut butter on it and then top it off with honey butter. It was so good with a glass of cold milk.

[Sol.jpg]

Mmmm.

I've got some chewy granola bars. We could have those.

[Chick.jpg]

Thanks but I think I'm more in the mood for a meal.

[Sol.jpg]

Not just a snack?

[Chick.jpg]

Yeah.

[Sol.jpg]

I hear ya.

The side of the mountain has all sorts of food. Leaves, flowers and I swear I've seen nuts up there on some stubby little trees. Maybe they were berries.

[Chick.jpg]

Sounds good. Let's go.

[Sol.jpg]

Buck!

[Chick.jpg]

He's working.

[Sol.jpg]

Should we wait for him?

[Chick.jpg]

I'm hungry.

[Sol.jpg]

Me too.