Friday, December 08, 2006

What Kinds Of Things Do You Ask Yourself?

[Sol.jpg]

Do you ever give interviews in your head?

[Buck.jpg]

I don’t understand.

[Sol.jpg]

Like imagine what you’d say if someone was interviewing you on the news or for a magazine or something.

[Buck.jpg]

Nope, never have.

[Sol.jpg]

I do. I wonder if anyone else does.

[Buck.jpg]

Probably not. What kinds of things do you ask yourself?

[Sol.jpg]

Things like, “What are your major influences?” “What is your work process like?” “How do you manage to stay grounded while being so awesome?” Things like that.

[Buck.jpg]

What, exactly, are you that makes these "people" want to interview you?

[Sol.jpg]

I’m usually the leader of a band or an athlete.

[Buck.jpg]

Nice.

[Sol.jpg]

And when I read an interview in a magazine I’ll answer the question before I read what the person they’re interviewing says. Or if I’m watching one on tv I’ll pause the TiVo and answer the question before the other person does. Just to see how the answers match up.

[Buck.jpg]

How do you compare?

[Sol.jpg]

I usually give a lot better answers. I’m really good.

[Buck.jpg]

Well, it sounds like you’ve had years of practice.

[Sol.jpg]

Thank you, Buck.

[Buck.jpg]

That wasn’t a compliment.

[Sol.jpg]

It sounded like one.