Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Buck and Sol Meet Someone New

[Sol.jpg]

I woke up in a heavy sweat this morning.

[Buck.jpg]

I’m not sure I want to go down this road.

[Sol.jpg]

It really started my day off badly. All I can think about is why I woke up in this heavy sweat. I couldn’t eat breakfast. I couldn’t read the paper. I just feel off.

[Buck.jpg]

Maybe you just got hot during the night.

[Sol.jpg]

That’s not it. I get hot in my sleep all the time and it's not a heavy sweat, it’s a light sweat.

[Chick.jpg]

Hi.

[Sol.jpg]

Hi. Who are you?

[Chick.jpg]

I’m Chick.

[Sol.jpg]

What are you? Where are you from?

[Chick.jpg]

I’m a flying squirrel. I’m from Colorado up in the United States.

[Sol.jpg]

I’m Sol. I’m a three toed sloth.

[Buck.jpg]

I’m Buck. I’m a dung beetle.

[Chick.jpg]

I’ve seen dung beetles in the States before but no sloths.

[Buck.jpg]

What are you doing here?

[Chick.jpg]

I travel during the winter. Last year I stayed in Caracas, Venezuela. The year before that I stayed at San Blas on the western coast of Mexico. The year before that I went to Peru. I’ve always wanted to see Machu Picchu.

[Sol.jpg]

How was it?

[Chick.jpg]

Beautiful and enigmatic.

[Sol.jpg]

What do you mean by "enigmatic"?

[Buck.jpg]

What do you mean by "flying"?

[Chick.jpg]

I mean mysterious. And it should really be “gliding” instead of "flying," to be honest.