Friday, November 17, 2006

A Lot of Game Shows

[Sol.jpg]

Did you watch Deal or No Deal the other night?

[Buck.jpg]

No. I don’t watch a lot of game shows.

[Sol.jpg]

You don’t like them?

[Buck.jpg]

Every once in a while when nothing else is on I’ll watch one for a little bit but I really can’t stand them. I don’t understand how they can still be around. I can understand putting them on tv back when television was new and studios were trying to figure out what people wanted to watch. But it’s 2006. What do I care if someone chooses the briefcase with all the money? I don’t have anything better to do with my time? There must be some kind of social-psychological reason for their existence. Like giving hope to the masses by demonstrating that everyone has some chance of winning lots of money. I think they’re just a great big scam.

[Sol.jpg]

I think they’re fun to watch.

[Buck.jpg]

I like to root for the contestants to lose.

[Sol.jpg]

Where’s the kindness in that?

[Buck.jpg]

What kindness?

[Sol.jpg]

I bet you hate carnivals, too.

[Buck.jpg]

I do hate carnivals.