Monday, November 13, 2006

Chick Talks About Traveling

[Sol.jpg]

How long have you been traveling during winters?

[Chick.jpg]

This is my fourth year.

[Buck.jpg]

What made you decide to start traveling?

[Chick.jpg]

I’ve always been curious about visiting other places. I’ve always loved watching shows about foreign places and reading about them, too. One day I just decided I wanted to spend my winters traveling. I quit my job and told my family I was leaving and just left.

[Buck.jpg]

Really? Just up and left?

[Chick.jpg]

Yeah.

[Buck.jpg]

Weren’t you worried about…repercussions?

[Chick.jpg]

No.

[Sol.jpg]

I’d never be able to just walk out on a job. Were they upset?

[Chick.jpg]

A little. I told them I was going to Peru and I wouldn’t be back for a few months and if they wanted me to come back when I returned I’d be happy to. It was no big deal.

[Buck.jpg]

No big deal? Right. Did they want you back after you returned?

[Chick.jpg]

No.

[Buck.jpg]

I’m not surprised.

[Chick.jpg]

I am…or was. I was a good worker.

[Sol.jpg]

Where did you work?

[Chick.jpg]

At a photography studio.

[Sol.jpg]

I didn’t know are you a photographer.

[Chick.jpg]

I’m not. I really wanted to be one so I got a job at a studio hoping to learn all about it. But, I mostly just did customer service, though. And made sure we always had the correct dates on the calendars throughout the studio.

[Buck.jpg]

That was your job?

[Chick.jpg]

Yes.

[Buck.jpg]

I can see why you walked out on it.

[Chick.jpg]

It was a really great place to work. They were great with my schedule and the pay wasn't bad.

[Sol.jpg]

I still can’t imagine just walking out on a job. Even though I’ve always dreamed about it.

[Chick.jpg]

It’s no big deal.