Monday, November 13, 2006

A Glass Glass

[Sol.jpg]

I can’t use plastic cups anymore.

[Buck.jpg]

Why? Are you allergic?

[Sol.jpg]

No, but I might as well be. If I want a drink I have to use a glass.

[Buck.jpg]

A glass glass?

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah.

[Buck.jpg]

What happened?

[Sol.jpg]

One day I made some peanut butter toast and went to get a cup and my plastics were all dirty so I had to use glass. I poured myself a big drink of milk and it was just perfect. It was like I was drinking milk for the first time. It tasted so pure. And the milk was so very cold.

[Buck.jpg]

Even though it’s the same temperature and the same make-up if you use a plastic cup?

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah. But, there’s just something intangible about using glass. And it’s not just milk. It’s water and o.j. or anything.

[Buck.jpg]

Interesting.

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah. So anyway, I can't go back. It's been a couple months now and I haven't even touched plastic. I should probably clean out my cupboard so I can make room for more glasses.

How about you?

[Buck.jpg]

I could use either.

[Sol.jpg]

What about paper?

[Buck.jpg]

Sure.

[Sol.jpg]

Oh, man, I cannot do paper. Those are the worst of all.

[Buck.jpg]

You’re a cup snob.

[Sol.jpg]

I totally am.