Thursday, November 02, 2006

Compartmental vs. Variety

[Sol.jpg]

When you get a burger and fries, do you take bites of your hamburger and then bites of your fries or do you eat all of one thing first and then eat the other?

[Buck.jpg]

Are you asking me if I’m a compartmental eater or a variety eater?

[Sol.jpg]

Yeah, I guess. I hadn't heard those names before.

[Buck.jpg]

I'm a variety eater. I like to mix it up.

[Sol.jpg]

Me too! In fact, I feel bad for people that eat that other way. I feel like they’re missing out on great food combinations. I wish they'd just eat our way.

[Buck.jpg]

Why do they have to eat our way? They probably believe each food deserves its due attention. They probably feel bad for us for getting our foods all mixed up and wish we'd eat their way.

[Sol.jpg]

True.

[Buck.jpg]

There's no right or wrong way, you know. I don't understand why some people have to be closed-minded. Why can't compartmental eaters and variety eaters sit down at a table and have a nice meal together? I would love to see that.

[Sol.jpg]

Geez, that'd be so weird.